Sunday, May 29, 2011

Road Trip to LIU!

Let me take you back in time a week. Last Sunday I went on a road trip with my two favorite boys in the whole world Jordan (above asleep) and Kyle!

We jam packed that car with SO much stuff I did not know it was possible to fit it all in at once. In fact, it took us nearly an hour of arranging to get it all in. And here I was thinking that I did a good job condensing everything into several boxes. 

My bestie Kyle took the wheel and I have to give credit where credit is due, he is a fabulous driver. I was worried at first because 1. he just got his US license two months ago and 2. he grew up driving in Trinidad and they drive on the other side of the road there. I hate driving so I take what I can get when it comes to a driver but he was exceptional. 

I sat shot gun but I was super tired so pardon the crazy look here!

Jordan was ALWAYS falling asleep in the back. We would be sneaky and when we found him snoring like this we would keep the music low for a few miles then BLAST some really obnoxious tunes and watch him wake up (see picture of him with eyes open above) haha. 

We made it to Long Island University save and sound but we had to return the car at JFK airport in an hour but the GPS didn't work (something about too many buildings and it not being able to find the satellites) so it was pedal to the metal. Jordan drove and I was sure he was going to run into the side of the road going 80 miles an hour! He was driving so fast! I said a prayer, put my head down, and next thing I know, we made it to the air port with 2 minutes to spare. 

Best part of doing a road trip with friends:
  1. Pit Stops at AppleBee's: Happy hour rolled around and we hit up the $5 pitcher of beer 
  2. Seeing how long our bladders can hold out in the car after drinking a pitcher of beer
  3. Finally finding a bathroom when your about to burst
  4. Spending time with your favorite people!
XOXO
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment