Friday, May 27, 2011

Norma's+Central Park=Perfect Afternoon

If you have ever been to Norma's for breakfast/brunch you know exactly how amazing the food is! I first went to brunch there last summer and I have been itching ever since to return. Last month they were featured on Gilt which is sort of like living social or groupon. I took full advantage of that coupon and today I went with Lydia (my old roommate) for lunch.

We had the most delicious peanut butter and chocolate waffles and a yummy breakfast quesadilla. You can check out the full menu here http://www.parkermeridien.com/nmenu.htm  but be warned... the prices are a little steep. My waffles alone were $22 but every bite was heaven!

After lunch I headed to one of the waxing/nails/brow salons on 56th St. between 5th and 6th Ave. All of these places offer various services for a bargain and I tried a new place called Beautiful Brows that had a deal on first time waxers. The place was a little sketchy but for $38 I have no complaints about the final result. Bliss spa is still by far my best experience ANYWHERE but the $70 price tag is a bit hard to swallow not to mention walk-ins are pretty much non-existent.

I ended my day at Central Park. I didn't stay too long but I could see exactly why it is such a gem. The whole city is concrete but central park is so green. Its my kind of park with their paved walking paths!




XOXO
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment