Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Best Face Brushes: Sigma Synthetic Face Kabukis

I decided against taking my ENTIRE makeup collection with me to New York last night. When I actually went through it product by product I realized that some of that stuff I just have because it was given to me or was a gift with purchase but I never really used it. On the other side of the coin, when it came to my brushes, I use every single last brush and I decided to pack up every single fantastic brush I own (after a good scrub and deep clean). 

I have brushes from several brands including crown, eco-tools, and sigma among others. After much deliberation, my favorite brushes have to be from Sigma beauty. 


If your not familiar, sigma makes many MAC comparable brushes and have great quality at affordable prices. You can check out all of their products at www.sigmabeauty.com 


On Black Friday last year I went online and picked up the Synthetic Face Kit from Sigma which includes three outstanding brushes that I have used every day since. 


" Introducing the Synthetic brush line for high definition, flawless makeup application. The brushes in this collection feature exclusive Synthetic filament, specially designed to apply powder and liquid products without absorption into the fibers. The shape, density and height of the filaments were carefully engineered to perfectly buff products onto the skin, resulting in a high definition effect."

The set of three brushes costs $42.00 and comes with a bonus travel sized fluffy eye blending brush. These brushes are out of this world amazing. They are super dense and are perfect for buffing products into the skin. 
Round Top Kabuki
I like to use the round top kabuki brush for buffing in highlight powder on the cheek bones and around the temples. 


Angled Top Kabuki
 The angled top kabuki is my favorite for chiseling out the cheek bones. I use a dark toned beauty powder or bronzer with this brush and outline the hollows under the cheek bone. The angle helps to blend out the edges around the ear and to buff it into the skin to make it look less like contouring and more like a natural shadow.
Flat Top Kabuki
Lastly, the flat top kabuki works well for applying powder foundation. I have been setting my tinted moisturizer with MAC studio fix powder and the flat top is great for buffing. This brush's fibers are the least dense of the group but still very thick. 

Review Final Recommendations:  Purchase the entire brush set because these brushes are all keepers. You can buy each individually for $16.00 but you save $6 by getting the set. If you decide to only get one I would get the angled top. Next best bet is the round top. The flat top comes in third only because I think this is the most common brush and you might be able to find it somewhere else however at this price and with this quality, do yourself a favor and get all three. 

XOXO
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment