Monday, February 13, 2012

Yummy Healthy Breakfast

One of the secrets to having your makeup look amazing is healthy skin. Your skin is a true reflection of how your health and can be affected immensely by what you put in your body from the negatives like smoking to the positives like drinking enough water. 

To help keep my skin looking great and my body feeling great I maintain a vegan lifestyle and I thought I would share with you one of my FAVORITE breakfasts that I eat at least 5 days a week! 

Vegan Berry Parfait:
Start with frozen mixed berries. I like them frozen because it keeps the yogurt nice and cold. If you can, go with organic because berries have such a think skin that any pesticides that are sprayed on them will get absorbed easily. (No one wants to eat poison!) I like Wyman's of Main because they come in huge jumbo bags and taste delicious. 

I like to fill up the bowl 2/3 of the way or about 1 1/2 cups of frozen berries.

There are a ton of alternative yogurts on the market for those of us who don't eat dairy. I have tried the coconut milk yogurt but I prefer Silk Live! Vanilla yogurt. It has a nice creamy texture and is available in most grocery stores. I usually use about 2/3 cup of yogurt or just enough to coat the berries. Let the berries be the start of this breakfast.

To finish it off I top it with a 1/4 cup of granola to add some crunch. This is vanilla almond granola from my organic market's bulk food section. Its less expensive when you buy it from this section rather than in the cereal isle. 

Vola! a yummy vegan berry parfait that is super easy and super nutritious. 

Have a wonderful (yummy) day!
XOXO
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment