Monday, February 27, 2012

Estee Lauder Lash Primer Plus & Sumptuous Mascara Review

 
One thing that I'm always on the hunt for is the perfect volumizing mascara. I recently reordered the Bronze Goddess perfume (review coming shortly) and as a freebee I received this Lash Primer Plus & Sumptuous mascara from Estee Lauder. I have never tried any of the Estee Lauder mascaras and I was really pleased with the results. The star product in this duo is the Lash Primer Plus without question.
Duel ended sample
Estee Lauder Lash Primer Plus Retails for $20.00 in the US 
 
The primer alone helped to build length and volume before adding the mascara to darken the lashes. I have tried other primers and the biggest difference between a drugstore primer such as Maybelline XXL and a department store primer like Lash Primer Plus is the consistency and the thickness. The department store primers tend to be thinner yet they produce a naturally voluminous result. The drugstore primers tend to get thicker over time which can result in really heavy handed applications. Both are great options and make a noticeable difference in the end result of your lash look.
Right Eye with Primer+ & Sumptuous mascara
As for the Sumptuous mascara, I would say pass on it. It did not stand out as anything special or better than other mascaras I have tried, especially with the department store price tag. It clumped slightly after several applications and I ended up using a plastic bristle wand such as L'Oreal Paris Million Lashes to comb through and separate. 

If you are in the market for a primer check out Estee Lauder's Lash Primer Plus here.

I have a special treat for hunger game fans tomorrow! I'm just finishing it up this afternoon. 
XOXO
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment