Sunday, February 13, 2011

Taste of L'Oreal Day 3: L'Oreal Interview

So the internet at the hotel was exceptionally slow therefore I did not get a chance to post about day 2 of the L'Oreal weekend yesterday. It was a long day but so much fun. We had a case study where our goal was to revamp the L'Oreal Paris Studio Line of styling products. We went to visit drugstores around the hotel and observed product placement on shelves and compared the packaging to different competitors. When we returned to the hotel we brainstormed ideas and presented a product idea and marketing campaign to a marketing director at L'Oreal. It was like a super condensed version of what I could be doing for the rest of my life!

Later that evening we went to dinner at Grand Central Station at this stake house where everything looked great but being vegan, I couldn't eat anything. I'll try to find some pictures of it and post them when I can. It was a great opportunity to network with other students who were participating in the Taste of L'Oreal weekend.

This morning I had my final interview. (All yesterday they had an HR person watching and observing, taking notes on you etc.) Can you believe my interview was at on 5th Ave!? I would literally be working on the same street as Tiffany's and Sacks 5th Avenue. I'm feeling a little superstitious so I don't want to give away too much about the interview but I did mention this little bloggy and my youtube channel.

The whole thing was done by 11:30AM and I was (and am) free for the rest of the day. I took advantage of the free afternoon and hit up the Bliss Spa at the W. Let me tell you... the BEST waxing service of my life! So painless! I have a manicure appointment in 45 minutes with my friend Darian (see post below). Maybe I can sneak some photographs of the spa for an upcoming post! We have dinner tonight with the recruiters at an Italian restaurant and I can not wait because I am so hungry. I'm doing the most with this here bag of nuts and granola bar.

Tomorrow will begin the agency day for the L'Oreal Brandstorm. Ok Starbucks is kicking me out....

Your very hungry friend,
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment