Monday, April 4, 2011

LUSH-ous Facial

Every now and again I find it necessary to treat myself and my skin to my favorite LUSH combo facial. That is exactly what I did last night with my roommate Lydia. 




Earlier in the day I went to the fancy Tyson's Corner mall which had my favorite "treat me" store, LUSH. I had to stop in and purchase a few goodies although I feel like I kept it in check. I ended up getting one of their fresh face masks because you can't purchase those online and they only last for 2 weeks before you need to replace them. 


Its a pretty simple 3 steps for the perfect facial


Step 1: Cleanse 
Use your favorite cleanser to get your face squeaky clean and free of all makeup. The Clinique three step system has been working really well for me. 


Step 2: Toner Tab
This goodie is from LUSH. Its called a toner tab but what it does is releases nutrients or in this case tea tree into your pores while you put your face over a bowl of hot water. Lush also makes tabs in Vitamin C & E depending on what your specific skin need is.  


How to Use
  • Fill a medium-size bowl with very hot water and drop in a toner tab. 
  • Immediately drape a towel over your head and the bowl to let the steam deliver its anti-oxidants and vitamin-rich essential oils to your skin. 
  • Once the tab has finished fizzing, remove the towel and gently pat your face dry.
  • Extra Cool Bonus!!!! You can put the water from the bowl in a spray bottle and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Use it to spritz tired skin whenever you need a lift.
Step 3: Mask
Next step is to apply the mask you want to use. I chose Brazened Honey because it has natural antibacterial properties to help with acne and ground almonds to exfoliate. Plus it smells delish! 
How to Use
  • Apply liberally to a towel dry face (after step 1 & 2)
  • Wait 10-20 minutes for it to try completely. You will be able to tell because the product will change color. 
  • Take a wash cloth and dip it in the left over toner water from step 2. Use this to message off the mask and work it into the skin. 
  • Rinse with cold water and pat dry with a towel. 
This is the most refreshing thing ever I swear. Your face will be glowing. 
XOXO 
Kelsey


No comments:

Post a Comment