Earlier in the day I went to the fancy Tyson's Corner mall which had my favorite "treat me" store, LUSH. I had to stop in and purchase a few goodies although I feel like I kept it in check. I ended up getting one of their fresh face masks because you can't purchase those online and they only last for 2 weeks before you need to replace them.
Its a pretty simple 3 steps for the perfect facial
Step 1: Cleanse
Use your favorite cleanser to get your face squeaky clean and free of all makeup. The Clinique three step system has been working really well for me.
Step 2: Toner Tab
This goodie is from LUSH. Its called a toner tab but what it does is releases nutrients or in this case tea tree into your pores while you put your face over a bowl of hot water. Lush also makes tabs in Vitamin C & E depending on what your specific skin need is.
How to Use
- Fill a medium-size bowl with very hot water and drop in a toner tab.
- Immediately drape a towel over your head and the bowl to let the steam deliver its anti-oxidants and vitamin-rich essential oils to your skin.
- Once the tab has finished fizzing, remove the towel and gently pat your face dry.
- Extra Cool Bonus!!!! You can put the water from the bowl in a spray bottle and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Use it to spritz tired skin whenever you need a lift.
Next step is to apply the mask you want to use. I chose Brazened Honey because it has natural antibacterial properties to help with acne and ground almonds to exfoliate. Plus it smells delish!
How to Use
- Apply liberally to a towel dry face (after step 1 & 2)
- Wait 10-20 minutes for it to try completely. You will be able to tell because the product will change color.
- Take a wash cloth and dip it in the left over toner water from step 2. Use this to message off the mask and work it into the skin.
- Rinse with cold water and pat dry with a towel.