Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Basket Haul: MAC Lipstick, Duo Lash Glue, Dior Lip Balm

Happy Easter! 
I'm so excited that Lent is finally over. I can't wait to show you all the goodies that I picked up as the products that I was looking forward to getting so badly... so lets get started!

1. Duo Eyelash Adhesive in Dark Tone ($8.00)
I have heard really great things about the Duo lash glue forever and I thought I would invest in some. It comes in both clear and dark tone. To be honest I thought I was picking up the clear but this is fine too. Its not too dark, more of an ash gray. I think this is nice because it blends in nicely with your natural lashes or eyeliner. I used it today with individual false lashes and it works well. 

2. Duralash Combo Pack Individual Lashes ($11.00 for kit)
This is my first pack of individuals (clearly some are missing). I have to say these are much easier to apply the strip lashes and they look so nice. I would recommend picking up a back if you want a natural everyday glam look. Is that an oxymoron? Here is how they look on me.
I have them on just on the outer corners starting about half way and then I used like 3 of the smallest short individuals on the lower lash line. I think these will work really well if you naturally have nice lashes and want to give yours a little extra. I will be wearing these I'm sure as part of my every day routine. 

3. Sonia Kashuk Eye Makeup Remover ($9.99)
I had heard good things about this product as well and since I ran out of my staple Lancome oil makeup remover I thought I would give this a shot. I have only used it twice so far but I'm not in love with it. To me it has a meat smell which is sort of annoying for me because I'm a vegan and I keep thinking my fingers smell like lunch meat when I'm done. That could just be me though. Also I do not think it works as well as the Lancome product. I would pass on this one. 

4. Dior Creme de Rose Lip Balm ($23.00)

This is a splurge of a lip balm but after trying on so many different lipsticks in search of the perfect nude (products 5&6) my lips were in need of some tender love and care. The Dior saleswoman gave me this balm and I was sold. Its infused with rose (which is my middle name) so it smells like roses and is pink (the picture makes it look peachy but its really a very true baby pink). I can not speak the claim that it plumps your lips as I did not notice a difference but there is definitely no tingle or burning sensation with this plumper. Think of this as an upscale Carmex.
The only downside is that I think this packaging is pretty cheep looking. Come on... its DIOR! I expect a metal case at least. Dior, you can do better. 

5. MAC Lipstick in Myth ($14.50)

Its no secret. I've been obsessed with nudes since I found Innocence Beware and since then I have been searching for a replacement when mine runs out. Each application is bitter sweet. 
Myth is the lightest nude in the MAC permanent range and I've had my eye on it for a while. Its a satin finish but it is on the matte side of satin. It looks best with just a touch of gloss on top. 

6. MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Supremely Confident ($14.50)
This is probably the closes thing I can find to replacing Innocence Beware. It has the same texture and as the name would suggest, ample shine. It is less pink than Innocence Beware and a little lighter. It truly is one of those erase your lip colors. I usually put foundation on my lips before color to keep it as true as possible but when I tried it on I was bare lipped and you could see some of the color of my lip showing through giving it a little more warmth which I think would be beneficial to most wearers. 

So what did everyone else get in their Easter Basket?!
I hope you had a wonderful holiday and end to the spring as we start to usher in the summer. 
XOXO 
Kelsey Rose

1 comment: