Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Glitter Gel Manicure

While in Miami... yes I know I have used that same opening for the past few blogs...while in Miami my friend and I decided to get our nails done. We went to the SoBe spa (short for South Beach not the drink which is what we first thought haha!) and had an amazing mani-pedi. I fell in love with the new gel nails that have different colored glitter inside of the gel. 

The glitter gel was more expensive the the traditional gel manicure... a staggering $90! The nail technician was super sweet and gave me a "spring break" deal but even with the discount, the price was hard to chew. What I love about the glitter is that it is part of the gel (like I said before) so it does not chip at all. Its like having permanent glitter polish on.

Now to be honest these nails are not my usual pale pink and short (read they are not my style) but I really loved how festive they were for spring break and I'm happy to know that I can paint over them just like real nails for my interview this Thursday. If you love getting fake nails and you don't mind a little glitz I would highly recommend you check into the glitter gel.

Does anyone else have trouble doing simple activities with fake nails? I'm having the hardest time taking out my contact lenses and picking small thing up haha!

Off to the book store to pick up some page dividers. This is not really beauty related but I'm going on a no spending pledge that started Monday where I won't spend money for the entire week in hopes of saving up a bit. The page dividers are for a class assignment so those do not count. I gave myself $20 in emergency money that the dividers will be coming out of. I'll report back at the end of the week and let you know how much I ended up spending on this frugal challenge of mine. 

XOXO
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment