Saturday, June 4, 2011

Removing Makeup

Last night I committed a cardinal beauty sin.... I slept in my makeup! I felt so guilty when I woke up because my skin has been so good lately and I don't want my slip ups to cause it to go back to its previous pimpley state. The first thing I did after I opened my eyes was head to the bathroom and take it off!


Here are my tips and tricks to removing makeup- its more than just using a face wash...

  1. Use an oil based eye makeup remover on an exfoliating cotton round. 
The oil based makeup remover is the way to go no matter what your skin type because you are about to wash your face right after so the oil will not be clogging your pores and also, it works loads better than the oil free varieties. I love the Lancome Bi-Facil remover. Remember to shake it before you use it to mix in the oil with the remover!

The exfoliating cotton round also makes a difference. I got mine at Walgreens and They work so well because one side is textured with little dots like a basketball and the other is smooth. The textured side is great for scrubbing the face (cheeks, forehead, nose) and the smooth side is perfect for delicate eye areas.
      2. Cleanse face with a daily cleansing soap. 
I love the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap which is part of their 3-step system. I just ran out today when I was washing off yesterday's makeup! Now I will be giving Kheils a try. I'll keep you posted on how it works.  

My tip for washing your face is to use cold water to rinse it off and then pat your skin dry with a towel instead of rubbing because the skin on your face is really gentile and you do not want to make it red and wrinkly... 

    3. Use a toner on a cotton round (smooth side) all over the face. 
I have been using the toner in the same 3-step system by clinique. The pump on this product is really nice and it does not burn like some toners do.

    4. The last step is to moisturize 
Yes yes.... I know... another clinique product.... but seriously. My skin has never been as good as it is right now and I have been using this system for 6 months now. This is the dramatically different moisturizing gel and I use this all over my face. Around my eyes I use a heavier anti-aging cream from Lancome. Don't forget to moisturize those lips! Use a heavy balm to sleep in or let it sink in for 15 minutes before putting on lipstick. 

And Ta-Da! beautiful clean skin! 

XOXO
Kelsey, the College Cosmetic 

No comments:

Post a Comment