Thursday, August 11, 2011

Summer at L'Oreal Winding Down

It has been an intense summer and as I reread my last blog post (July 4th!) I realize I have been neglecting my duty as a "writer" to keep this blog up to date with the events of the summer. So in a nutshell...
  • Presentation on the 2011 Expert Wear restage went well
  • Its the last full day of working with Maybelline
  • Interview set up with luxury products division
  • Waiting to hear back regarding a full-time offer
This experience has taught me so much on presentation and independence. At L'Oreal, everyone is extremely busy so often times there is no one to tell you what to do and how to complete a task therefore you have to be self sufficient and figure out on your own. Some things I have figured out this summer:
  • How to pull IRI database queries
  • The intense creativity needed to generate shade names
  • How to create a product board when you have no money to buy products!
This is definitely the industry I want to be in so now it is just a matter of figuring out where I fit into the equation. I promise to keep you updated.

XOXO
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment