Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cosmopolitan Trick Uses Drugstore Products

I love flipping through the beauty section of magazines when I stop by Boarders.
When I saw an article in Cosmopolitan about tricks the celebrities use to look flawless that featured Wet'n Wild products I instantly had to read.
I posted the article below:

Bigger, Sexier Eyes
First, reach for liner. Skip black — like an LBD, it narrows your shape — and use a colored one to define your top lash line, says celebrity makeup artist Carmindy. (Blues and greens not your thing? Reach for slate, which looks awesome on everyone.) Now, swipe a shimmery white shadow onto your inner corners in a sideways V shape to catch light, which widens eyes. Finally, make your eyelash curler your BFF. Crimping the top lash line angles hairs so tips are closer to your brows, expanding the entire eye area. Immediately lock in the curve with two coats of lengthening mascara.


As a college student I am all about getting the look for less. Whats great about this trick is that it its perfect for young ladies like myself. 

If you decide to try this out I would recommend using an emerald or olive green if you have brown eyes. 
Grey eyes look stunning next to lavender.
Blue eyes can pull off using shades of blue to bring out the natural eye color but also light greys.   

 If you still a bit conservative using a dark plum or olive will give the effect without being overpowering. especially if you use the liner only on the bottom lashes only. Because you apply mascara to the bottom lashes after the color will just be peaking out. 

But in general cootos to cosmo for not snubbing inexpensive products!
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love ALL of your videos that help a gal look her best. I was a little freaked out when you started pulling out your eyebrows, tho. Man you have deep roots and long eyebrows. But I really liked how you tried to get one eyebrow to raise up. You looked like you were in so much pain. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete