Thursday, December 29, 2011

High Heel Cookies

Besides playing with makeup all day, I also like to bake when I have the time. Winter break has alloted me ample time to get crafty in the kitchen. Today I made high heel sugar cookies!
Tomorrow I am attending an intimate tea party with a good friend of mine, Anna, who has been featured on the blog before. I'm bringing her an assortment of these shoes as a hostess gift. My favorite is the shoe with the edible pearls around the edges! 


I used the basic vegan sugar cookie recipe this time which I found to taste just like the real thing. Sweet but really just a simple dough to cut out shoes. 



  • 2.5 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 1 cups sugar
  • 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon organic vanilla, almond, coconut or lemon extract
  • 6.5 oz. of vegan butter like earth balance or coconut oil. (I used a mixture of both)



Bake for 12 minutes at 350 


If you are looking for a shoe cookie cutter of your own, I found mine at Wal-Mart. It came in a pack of 3 with a crown and a castle all for $2.95. 


Can't wait to pass along these treats!
XOXO
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment